Performs general maintenance tasks such as repairing water main breaks, repairing small water leaks, repairing leaking water services, repairing sewer mains and taps. Operates and maintains small equipment and hand tools as needed.
· Performs general maintenance on water and sewer mains.
· Prepares equipment, vehicles, and tools for work assignments.
· Assists other crew members and co-workers as assigned.
· Responds to emergency calls as required.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required
6 months to 1 year related experience
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
· Ability to obtain a Class “A-CDL” license within 90 days of hire date.
· Ability to learn new skills and techniques.
· Must possess and exhibit the skills necessary to operate assigned tools and equipment in a safe and proper method.
· Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical and functional capacity test.
· Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.
· Must be available to work overtime, on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
City of Lewisville, TX - 17 months ago