Summary: Under general supervision of a crew leader in assigned area, performs general maintenance, repairs and installations on all city owned and operated facilities and utilities.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
Other Important Duties:
- Maintains, installs, repairs, replaces and connects/disconnects utility services, water meters, sewer and water lines to complete work orders and assignments.
- Monitors equipment operator to prevent damage to other utility lines while digging.
- Sets up traffic barricades, signage and cones.
- Organizes tools, equipment and supplies necessary to complete assignments.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains equipment and tools in safe operating order.
- Performs routine inspections of assigned areas to detect any necessary repairs or hazardous conditions.
- Cleans work sites and replaces landscaping.
- Delivers bills, disconnect notices and collects delinquent payments from utility customers.
- Maintains, installs, replaces landscaping in city parks, right of ways and medians.
- Maintains and repairs streets, alleys and roads.
- Assists in setting up forms and pouring and finishing concrete.
- Maintains athletic fields, paints boundaries and lines on sports fields, levels ground and monitors grounds for any safety hazards.
- Monitors irrigation systems and water lines for leaks, and repairs or replaces as needed.
- Paints, repairs and maintains equipment, furniture and facilities.
- Installs signs, plumbing, irrigation or drip systems, electrical fixtures, plugs, and cabling.
- Paints street curbs, crosswalks and other traffic control signage.
Job Requirements :
- Provides backup assistance, on-call coverage and support to other City departments as assigned.
- Cleans restrooms and other public areas.
- Assists in the setup, teardown, and cleanup for special events and meetings.
- Travels to attend meetings and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair techniques for water, sewer, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems depending on area of assignment.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of assigned light equipment, power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of safe handling techniques of hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in following oral and written communications.
- Skill in planning and organizing materials and supplies necessary to complete work orders or daily assignments.
- Skill in operating assigned equipment and tools.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- During on-call status, must be able to respond to service calls within 30 minutes.
- Must reside no more than 15 miles from Frisco city limits.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D , or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to obtain certification or licensure specific to area of assignment within six (6) months from date of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or post-offer physical exam.
- Must possess State of Texas Drivers License.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Work is performed in an outdoor environment.
- May be subject to repetitive motion and heavy manual labor such as painting, digging, building concrete forms, repairing asphalt, transporting, delivering and picking up trash containers and recyclables and water meters.
- May be subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, entering enclosed spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting such as repairing water and sewer lines, installing meters, weeding, landscaping, mowing grass and operating other equipment.
- May be exposed to moving traffic, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, heights, confined spaces, trenches, air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, infectious diseases, rodents and insects.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Equipment utilized includes hand/power tools and equipment specific to area of assignment, ladders, testing equipment, generators, water pumps, and department vehicles.
City of Frisco - 24 months ago