Maintenance Worker I - Drainage & ROW
Full Time Regular
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Under direct supervision, serves as member of the Storm Water Management Program crew; identifies and documents storm drain inlets and outfalls; performs tasks to construct, maintain and repair the Town's streets, bridges, medians, right of ways, gutters, curbs, sidewalks, alleys, drainage systems and other public areas within the Town as needed.
Examples of Duties:
1. Identifies and documents storm drain inlets and outfalls using handheld GIS unit; uploads collected data into computer database
2. Cleans, repairs, and maintains roads, bridges, medians, right of ways, alleys, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and other public areas within the Town.
3. Performs routine and repetitive physical strenuous tasks such as hand working asphalt and concrete as it is placed; loading and unloading trucks; laying pipelines and repairing manholes; patching pot holes and overlaying of streets; sealing cracks in asphalt and concrete; removing and replacing concrete to include form setting to finishing; reading grades and setting grade stakes; assisting in surveying; cutting brush, trees; mowing and weed-eating high grass and weeds; and maintaining and cleaning around street intersections, medians and alleys.
4. Operates, repairs, and maintains vehicles and various light equipment and tools such as tractors, mowers, front end and back end loaders, heavy trenchers, bucket trucks, augers, maintainers, jackhammers, skill saws; drills; bolt cutters; pothole patchers, rollers, dump trucks, 1 ton to 5 ton vehicles, etc.
5. Works safely when working in close proximity to high-speed vehicle traffic areas, along medians, and right-of-ways.
6. Identifies and informs supervisor of potential hazards, liability exposures, problem areas, inquiries of the general public, and the status of work activities.
7. Conducts daily inspections and preventative maintenance measures of vehicles, equipment, and tools such as washing, checking safe and proper operation, and servicing.
8. Assists other departments and performs other duties, as needed.
9. Adheres to departmental, personnel, and safety rules and regulations.
10. Adheres to stand-by schedule as assigned for emergency repairs at night and on weekends.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is preferred. Computer proficiency is required, including skills in database management. GIS data collection experience is preferred. Street maintenance (concrete and asphalt) repair or construction work experience is required. Light to heavy construction equipment operation experience is preferred. Must have a valid Texas CDL "A" Driver's License, with proper endorsements and without restrictions, or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment. Driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
Must have general knowledge of installation of concrete and asphalt materials used in street maintenance and skills required to operate, vehicles, small power tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner. Must be able to exercise good judgment; make competent decisions; handle multiple projects; meet deadlines; and work well under pressure and stress. To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to talk, read, see, walk, and hear; operate maintenance equipment; follow oral and written directives; perform strenuous physical activities to include, exerting up to 100 lbs of pressure, lifting heavy objects, shoveling, crawling, bending, kneeling, climbing on and off equipment, and operating vibrating equipment. Must also have good hand/foot/eye coordination to operate equipment; able to lift up to 100 lbs of equipment several times a day; work indoors, underground, outdoors, in confined spaces, in trenches, on level, slippery, sloping, unstable and muddy terrain, and under constantly noisy conditions; and work in adverse environmental conditions to include inclement weather such as rain, sleet, snow, heat, sun exposure, dust/mist and hazardous conditions such as street traffic; and exposure to insects, noxious plants, and snakes. Must work extensive hours and respond within 30 minutes to an on-call or emergency callback, as required. Must maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship with coworkers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
Town of Flower Mound - 18 months ago