Position is OPEN TILL FILLED. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor tasks in the maintenance, repair, and construction of roadways, public utilities, parks, cemeteries, and other public facilities; uses hand tools, power hand tools, and operates light equipment in the course of work; assists with routine maintenance, repair or construction tasks to support the functions of a division in a City department.
Operates a variety of light to medium construction and maintenance equipment. Performs service and repairs as needed to maintain City owned parks facilities and equipment and other public facilities (construction projects; minor repairs; interior/exterior building maintenance; painting, cleaning restrooms/shop/work areas, etc. Performs pretrip inspections on vehicles according to prescribed procedures and logs preventive maintenance for vehicles, equipment, and motors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintenance practices related to public infrastructures and grounds;
- Small equipment and facility maintenance and repair;
- Light weight equipment operation sufficient to be able to perform maintenance, clean-up of minor construction projects;
- Lifting techniques sufficient to be able to move heavy items;
- Safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
City of Sterling - 30+ days ago