"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides skilled sub-journeyman level work in the performance of a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in one or more craft areas.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity with our Facilities Department!
Recruiting for two openings: School of Dentistry & Medical School
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance/repair and remodeling task independently or by assisting skilled craft persons/technicians.
- Completes assignments in an orderly and expeditious manner by taking necessary safety precautions and following various trade codes.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment/building facilities by following departmental policies and procedures.
- May assist Electricians with installation of electrical conduits. May trouble shoot circuits and preventative maintenance.
- May assist Plumbers in finding main sewage lines, and performs small or minor repair/maintenance work
- May assist Carpenters on remodeling/construction assignments which would involve any or all of the following: demolishing walls, installing sheetrock, ceiling tiles, base boards, door stops, wall units, assemble and dismantle lab benches, book shelves, and partitions.
- Required to carry a university communication device as assigned and respond to calls during normal business hours.
- This job classification is designated as "essential" at the UT Health Science Center at Houston. In case of an emergency, "essential" positions are those required to sustain clinical services and/or are responsible for the protection of university assets. Personnel in designated "essential" positions are expected to report to their designated work site during their appointed work schedules, even when the institution has been officially declared to be on "restricted access" or "closed" due to adverse conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
Completion of 10th grade with a minimum of three years apprentice level experience in a trade and/or general building maintenance experience. High School Diploma/Equivalent is preferred.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 18 months ago