Position is responsible for performing semi-skilled labor intensive tasks in grounds, service, maintenance, construction activities, irrigation systems, and related components. Employees in this position generally function in an assigned functional area, and perform duties as outlined herein according to area of assignment.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs a variety of grounds duties according to area of assignment, e.g., mowing grounds, fertilizing, weed-eating, planting foliage, seeding lawns, trimming foliage, replacing sod.
- Operates a variety of light to medium equipment, e.g., mowers, edgers, weed-eaters, backhoes, chippers, chainsaws, blowers.
- Performs a variety of maintenance duties according to area of assignment, e.g., repairing equipment, maintaining athletic fields and courts, installation and repair tasks on a variety of irrigation mechanical and electronic system components and addressing safety hazards.
- Loads and unloads materials from distribution vehicles; moves and relocates equipment for special activities.
- Maintains work records regarding observations and solutions, e.g., malfunctioning equipment, materials used, vendor supply acquisitions.
- Refers to a variety of documentation and materials for instruction and in troubleshooting systems, e.g., blueprints, schematics, installation/repair manuals.
- Responds to 24 hour call-in for water control during hurricanes or other weather/critical events.
High school diploma / GED;supplemented by one (1) year previous work experience demonstrating basic skills in the use of a variety of hand tools and maintenance equipment or in the installation and repair of irrigation systems; ability to satisfy the physical requirements of the job; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s required.
There are two part time positions available.