Maintenance Worker IV - Buildings - (HVAC) (Two
The Human Resources
Department announces the position of Maintenance Worker IV - Buildings - (HVAC) , reporting to the
Manager/Director, Facilities Management.
Responsibilities include: provides leadership to less skilled employees assigned
to assist on projects; makes decisions that ensure work is completed in
accordance with project guidelines and high degree of efficiency; performs
maintenance, repairs and installation on mechanical equipment such as: air
conditioning units, heating equipment, refrigeration units, electrical
equipment, ventilation units, etc.; installs and repairs other equipment such as
electrical motors, gas and oil operated emergency generators, transformers,
appliances and other kitchen equipment, electrical boxes, breakers, light
fixtures, pneumatic control systems, DDC systems, etc.; responsible for duties
such as opening clogged sinks, showers and toilets, replacing light bulbs,
repairing faucets, etc.; installs and repairs main gas lines, water lines and
electrical lines; moves furniture and completes set-ups and teardowns for
University functions and outside rental groups; receives and unloads delivery
trucks; performs snow removal; operates salt spreaders, tractors and trucks to
remove snow and ice from walks, ramps, roads and parking lots; attends seminars,
conferences, and training sessions related to craft, and demonstrates/utilizes
knowledge gained; maintains a functional awareness of typical hazards of the
work place as well as special hazards that may be encountered; follows
established procedures for dealing with potential hazards, promptly reporting
all accidents or injuries to supervisor; responds to emergency calls from campus
locations; and performs related work.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in a commercial / industrial HVAC
- Technical/ trade school graduation or equivalent apprenticeship in HVAC
- Must have a valid driver's license, as well as the ability to drive vehicles
with standard transmissions.
- Working knowledge of electrical and plumbing trades.
- Knowledge of all tools, materials, methods and hazards of the trade; skilled
in the use of all tools of the trade.
- Knowledge of local and national codes as applicable to work.
- Mechanically inclined; ability to receive work orders verbally or in
writing; ability to work without direct supervision; ability to work well
- Ability to work from blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, technical manuals,
or verbal instruction.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, climb ladders, work from scaffolding,
remain standing or walking for long periods of time; ability to lift heavy
- Must work outside in all types of weather, and at times, in unpleasant
areas; must clean spills of various substances including body fluids and
- Maintenance coverage is 24/7 - 365 days/year and overtime may be necessary
to accomplish work assignments and/or shift coverage. Vacations (PTO)
approval may be limited during peak activity periods.
- Maintains an acceptable record of attendance, punctuality and meeting
deadlines; ability to report to work during any University closings; ability
to work any shift, at any campus location.
- Must adhere to all University and department policies, procedures, and
I nternal Application Deadline:
November 15 , 2012
External Application Deadline:
Position is Filled
Anticipated Starting Date:
As soon as possible
Robert Morris University - 16 months ago