Incumbents perform journey level skilled activities and will operate heavy equipment at Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre (HPEC).
VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
This is a temporary* full-time non-exempt position working an extremely flexible schedule including whenever there are events scheduled at HPEC which will be a combination of some days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
*Funding for this position ends June 30, 2014.
Examples of Duties:
Examples of essential duties will include the following:
Operates heavy equipment such as water truck, graders, front-end loaders, forklifts, and large trucks for a variety of ground maintenance operations at HPEC.
Prepares footing per event specifications in park arenas; arena preparation and maintenance; panel set-up and tear-down;
Monitors condition of equipment and performs minor repairs for which qualified.
Identifies equipment needs for each assigned project.
Assists with overall grounds maintenance at HPEC requiring a lot of hands-on work in the fields of landscape maintenance, equipment operation, janitorial and general maintenance.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by vocational/technical training in heavy equipment operation, vehicle operation, and specific area of assignment; supplemented by two (2) years relevant experience directly related to the area of assignment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
The hiring department may include assignment specific job related experience, specific training or license and certification preferences at the time of recruitment.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
• General mechanics;
• Equipment operations;
• Occupational hazards and safe work practices;
• Customer Service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
• Valid Arizona Driver's License;
• CDL, Class A with tanker endorsement or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
• Experience operating and maintaining grounds equipment;
• Experience in arena maintenance preferred;
• Structural Pest Control Certification (Category 3) or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
• Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
• Satisfactory completion of drug screening, fingerprinting, background check and driving record check.
Town of Queen Creek, AZ - 10 months ago