Manage of Quality Assurance - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Manager of Quality Assurance at our Ilion, New York facility.
- Manage all Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Inspectors on all shifts
- Controls departmental budget
- Establish certification procedures with suppliers and for monitoring certifications to verify component conformance to specifications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting quality issues with suppliers.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance areas to audit incoming product, resolve component quality problems, and maintain capability to verify functionality of components in manufacturing.
- Responsible for quality of outsourced product - will require travel.
- Manage all quality activities and insure that proper quality procedures are implemented for new and existing components.
- Establish and maintain quality programs for in-house manufactured components.
- Establish and manage quality improvement programs.
- Interface with Engineering,, Production, Purchasing, and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain quality parameters for incoming components, certification procedures, and incoming inspection procedures.
- Establishes benchmarks for component efficiency in production operations.
- Responds to inquiries from Production Managers and technical support regarding functions and operations of component quality programs.
- Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures through Quality staff for component design and testing.
- Recommends component improvements or revisions to engineers.
- Reviews quality logs and reports to identify component process errors and possible improvements.
- Manages four Engineers and one Associate Engineer in the Quality Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Quality Engineering, or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years management experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Preferred ASQ certification, GD&T knowledge and CMM programming experience.
- Must have strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.