Teradata Managed Services assumes broad operational responsibility for a customer’s Teradata data warehouse environment under contracted Service Level Agreements, transferring service accountability and technology control to our experts when there is no client owned support function, or a client needs to supplement his own staff. There are multiple areas of specialization, including infrastructure, data integration (ETL) management, and Analytical Application Administration. Engagements typically last from one to three years and startup is accomplished through a Transition Services Engagement, typically 6 – 8 weeks in duration.
Teradata has built over 1,000 data warehouses and includes among its customers the world’s top retailers, telecommunications companies, airlines, global insurance companies and 5 of the word’s top 10 banks. The Teradata Database Management System is a very large scale SQL database, realized as a collection of SMP nodes and disks connected by a high-speed multi-path network
The Managed Services Technical Service Manager is a Teradata trained Senior Consultant or Project Manager with a proven track record of Teradata Professional Service engagements or a history of successful employment and escalating responsibilities within a Teradata customer environment. This is a salaried position responsible for operations strategy and delivery and oversight of a multidimensional team (operations, ETL, BI, applications administration) during the Production Phase and Life Cycle enhancement phase of the Managed Services project. The Managed Services Service Manager will be called upon at the completion of the Transition phase of the engagement to act as the sustaining service manager and lead technical advisor, and becomes a primary point of contact for the customer for communication and escalation of service and enhancement requests and issues. As part of a retainer model project, the Technical Service manager assumes the technical lead role and assumes responsibility for work definition, requirements collection and code, test and deployment of enhancement projects that extend the Teradata environment, calling on other subject matter experts within the project as required. This role also involves the supervision of a team that ranges from 8 – 20 consultants, working both on shore and offshore. The Service Manager also has the responsibility to ensure the project is being administered in accordance with the SOW and SLA, that any service delivery risks are identified and mitigated, that production deliverables are achieved utilizing standardized practices, and that project reporting, project reviews and audits are conducted as specified. This position may work virtually, or alternatively may be required to either travel to customer site frequently, or work from a client facility. The ability to communicate well and simplify technical issues is required. Written communication, excellent ability to follow-up on planned actions, and the ability to negotiate win-win outcomes is critical to the success of this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure the smooth ongoing execution of the production engagement phase through the maintenance of regular status meetings and reports, and by soliciting continuous feedback from the customer.
- Monitor the performance of the on-site and offsite resources from the ADC and the US Managed Services practice, through proactive project management, issue escalation and reporting.
- Assign work and track to completion ensuring schedule and cost fidelity
- Identify opportunities to improve project deliverables and to implement best practice as a result of changing needs and requirements
- Ensure that the Teradata Environment supports the customer’s goals and objectives, in compliance with a defined Statement of Work and associated Service Level Agreement. Ensure processes are in place for SLA measurement and reporting
- Provide periodic reporting and presentations to client management on the state of the Managed Services project.
- Facilitate the relationships between the customer, sales team, Global Consulting Center (GCC) and Teradata Americas Call Center (TACC), and Teradata Engineering (software and hardware). You will utilize these relationships to provide account leadership, maximize operations efficiency , customer satisfaction and site team associate satisfaction in the most cost effective manner.
Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
- 10 plus years experience in computer technology or related fields
- Must have Teradata experience working as a database administrator, development lead, or project manager.
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management
generating the many reports required by the customer).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for
TRM, and MDM.
- Teradata Master desirable
- Working knowledge of Teradata tasks, tools and utilities in the following areas:
- Database Administration
- System Administration
- Capacity Planning & Performance Management
- Backup, Archive, and Restore Administration
- Teradata Design and Implementation
- ETL development
- Business Intelligence/Analytics including application management such as
- Software Development, Testing and QA methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests, managing software development schedules, and escalating technical problems for resolution when required by other organizations
- Excellent customer facing skills, including negotiation of change requests, and scope expansions
- Experience administering and managing Statements of Work and SLA’s
- Project auditing and risk assessment competencies
- Knowledge of production operations processes and the ability to recommend changes, and to redesign a process to improve the result
- Ability to encapsulate knowledge for sharing across multiple projects
.Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle best practices
- Project Management or Implementation Management experience, including risk management, project reviews and audits
- Process design and re-engineering experience in an IT computer environment
Americas-United States-California-San Jose
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...