Teradata Managed Services assumes broad operational responsibility for a customer’s Teradata data warehouse environment under contracted Service Level Agreements, transferring service accountability and technology control to our experts when there is no client owned support function, or a client needs to supplement his own staff. There are multiple areas of specialization, including infrastructure, data integration (ETL) management, and Analytical Application Administration. Engagements typically last from one to three years and startup is accomplished through a Transition Services Engagement, typically 6 – 8 weeks in duration.
Teradata has built over 1,000 data warehouses and includes among its customers the world’s top retailers, telecommunications companies, airlines, global insurance companies and 5 of the word’s top 10 banks. The Teradata Database Management System is a very large scale SQL database, realized as a collection of SMP nodes and disks connected by a high-speed multi-path network
The Managed Services Technical Transition Manager is a Teradata trained Senior Consultant or database professional with a proven track record of Teradata Professional Service engagements or a history of successful employment supporting Teradata environments. This is a salaried position responsible for leading the transition services as Teradata assumes responsibility for our client’s operational support. The Transition Manager would lead our clients and support teams to define, adopt and implement operations guidelines and policies consistent with the clients corporate and support standards. The Transition Manager would lead the investigation and delivery readiness as part of a multidimensional team (operations, ETL, BI, applications administration) during the Production Phase and Life Cycle enhancement phase of the Managed Services project. The Managed Services Transition Manager will be engaged early on in the support lifecycle and called upon to lead support resources through the transition process and resulting in a deliverable output. The Transition Manager will serve as the Managed Services Lead during the initial 6-8 week transition phase. At which point the Transition Manager will turn over ongoing support to the Teradata Service Manager responsible for sustaining the ongoing support and client relationship.
The Technical Transition Manager also has the responsibility to ensure the transition and subsequent project is initiated in accordance with the SOW and SLA, that any service delivery risks are identified and mitigated, that production deliverables are achieved utilizing standardized practices, and that project reporting, project reviews and audits are conducted as specified. The Transition Manager will be responsible to ensure service level baseline metrics are captured for measuring scope throughout the support period.
This position may work virtually, however during transitions this role is expected onsite at client locations throughout the US and Canada. The ability to communicate well and simplify technical issues is required. Written communication, time management and schedule planning is required. Excellent ability to follow-up on planned actions, refine transition schedules and manage milestones is critical to the success of this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure the smooth introduction, kickoff and transition engagement with each new client. Leading internal and external teams through a defined systematic transition, adapting to external drivers including project and client schedules.
- Monitor the readiness of the on-site and/or offsite resources from Teradata’s Offshore delivery centers and the US Managed Services practice. Manage the transition phase with proactive project management, deliverable reviews, issue escalation and reporting.
- Drive transition completion, establish operational cadences and track transition completion while ensuring schedule, scope and cost fidelity
- Identify opportunities to improve deliverables and work products and to implement best practice as a result of changing needs and requirements
- Ensure the Transition and ongoing support of the Teradata Environment supports the customer’s goals and objectives, in compliance with a defined Statement of Work and associated Service Level Agreement. Ensure processes are in place for SLA/KPI/etc measurement and reporting
- Provide weekly reporting and presentations to client management on the state of the Managed Services transition.
- Identify and escalate risks to the project timeline
- Smoothly integrate and transition the ongoing oversight to Teradata Service Managers.
- Facilitate the relationships between the customer, sales team, Global Consulting Center (GCC) and Teradata Americas Call Center (TACC), and Teradata Engineering (software and hardware). You will utilize these relationships to establish the rules of each support engagement and develop collaborative partnership relationships to maximize operations efficiency, customer satisfaction and ongoing support contract.
generating the many reports required by the customer).
- 10 plus years experience in computer technology or related fields
- Extensive Travel – Approximately 80%. Normal routine is 6-7 weeks at client location, one to two week gap, onto another client location for another 6-7 weeks.
- Must have Teradata experience working as a database administrator, development lead, or project manager.
- Working knowledge of ETL or ELT required, as well as Analytic Reporting processing.
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management
- Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for
TRM, and MDM.
- Experience working with global resource staff required
- Working knowledge of Teradata tasks, tools and utilities in the following areas:
- Database Administration
- System Administration
- Capacity Planning & Performance Management
- Backup, Archive, and Restore Administration
- Teradata Design and Implementation
- ETL development
- Business Intelligence/Analytics including application management such as
- Software Development, Testing and QA methodologies
- Excellent deliverable execution and written communication is essential. Managing deliverable and support go-live milestones. Demonstrated experience managing client expectations against scope boundaries. Managing conflicting internal and external schedules, and escalating technical problems for resolution.
- Excellent customer facing skills, presentation including negotiation of change requests, scope expansions and coverage details.
- Establishing a remote connectivity / access solution so the offshore team has the necessary access to all applications required to perform the job.
- Responsible for developing the Operations Manual (as this is the primary physical deliverable) which ensures a consistent, agreed-upon delivery of services
- Experience administering and managing Statements of Work, Profit and Loss (P&L) and SLA’s
- Knowledge of production operations processes and the ability to recommend changes, and to redesign a process to improve the result
- Ability to encapsulate knowledge for sharing across multiple engagements, industries and clients.
- Operations Management, Database, Data Integration (ETL/ELT), Business Intelligence Reporting experience.
- Process design and re-engineering experience in an IT computer environment
- Experience with offshore ongoing production support or project staff augmentation and the understanding of the delivery differences.
- Experience with SLA, KPI or Up-time available metrics, measurement, tracking and reporting
- Experience with ITSM tools.
- ITIL certified v2 or v3
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...