PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provides consultative services directed toward improving organizational performance; accomplished by facilitating improvement projects and by providing information and knowledge to support data-driven, fact-based decision making. Responds to requests from departments, committees and leaders requesting assistance with project facilitation, planning, development, implementation, and/or improvement of clinical and administrative processes. Provides analysis, recommendations, and facilitation for projects involving work flow and resource utilization through the use of standard tools and methodologies based on most current best practices. Communicates regularly with internal customers regarding status of performance improvement projects. This position is responsible for various shifts and may be subject to over 40 hours per week and callback as required.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline; Masters preferred
- Experience with formal process improvement methods
Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Value Stream Mapping, Service Mapping, FOCUS PDCA, Six Sigma / DMAIC, Lean / Kaizen, FMEA, TQM, Jonah / Theory of Constraints, Control Charting preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts in non-judgmental and non-confrontational ways.
Proficiency with MS Access, MS Visio, Minitab, Care Discovery preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Coding preferred
- Understanding and application of Change Management Concepts preferred
- Understanding of TJC, AHCA, and CMS regulations and accrediting and licensing regulations preferred
- Ability to write code preferred
Baptist Health Care - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Pensacola, Florida, Baptist Health Care is a network of hospitals, nursing homes, mental health facilities and outpatient...