Postal/Zip Code: 76714
Jewell Concrete Products is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 2 Canadian provinces.
The Management Development Trainee program starts our recruits on a journey that will yield a rewarding career in the extremely diverse culture of Oldcastle. The trainee will start their training period in a Continuous Improvement role reporting into our Site Manager in Waco, TX. In this role, you will provide technical and operational support for the plant in maintenance and TPM activities.
- Must maintain and be responsible for PM systems, inspection routines, inventory control, job scheduling, staff training, maintenance cost, and identification of plant improvement plans including efficiency and yield.
- Must be able to work overtime including some weekends and a variable schedule as necessary to meet Plant objectives.
- Drive process improvement and team development through the implementation of TPM techniques.
- Establish a world class manufacturing environment in which all employees have a framework of operating systems based on TPM methodology that guide their approach to loss elimination and prevention.
- Responsible for compliance to all plant policies, procedures, safety and sanitation rules and governmental regulations.
- Close interaction with all plant teams. Must have good interpersonal skills in dealing with mechanics and hourly workforce as well as communicating with all levels of management.
Once the trainee's performance warrants advancement to the next phase of training, they will be reassigned to a business unit for further training or to assume a leadership role such as a Site or Operations Manager within one of the Western Architectural Products Group companies.
- Trainees will spend 12-24 months rotating through various departments in potentially different states coupled with training around operations functions to include gaining knowledge of production activities, manufacturing processes, safety and quality programs, business development, customer service and much more.
- Trainees will be assigned an executive mentor to aid in their growth process
- Willingness to relocate to a specified region to receive a permanent assignment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Leadership and/or managerial skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Experience within the construction, building materials or related industry
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Jewell Concrete Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Jewell Concrete Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...