Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Our Pacific Northwest Management Liability team is seeking an Account Executive in our Seattle, WA office. In this role you will develop and manage productive relationships with independent insurance agents and brokers in the Washington territory, with focus on management liability products for privately owned and non-profit organizations and entities. You will be responsible for producing and underwriting new and renewal business, and consistently achieving budgeted financial results (premium, loss ratio, retention, commissions, pricing, new business) through execution of Business Unit strategies. You will manage a book of business through the execution of a sales plan, thoughtful underwriting, superior service, and will have access to Travelers national resources as you interact and collaborate with a team of underwriters and other critical internal/external business associates.
- Develop and leverage productive agency/client relationships through a high
level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients and a disciplined sales
management approach in support of business objectives.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities and effectively cross-sell
with other business units within Travelers.
- Demonstrate superior customer service standards and operational
excellence to achieve and exceed customer expectations and business unit
- Assist the team in developing and executing a sales plan for the territory in
support of the business unit objectives.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities with an emphasis on
marketing and outside sales
- Provide superior customer service including positive attitude, response time,
consistency, product knowledge, and professionalism, demonstrating a solid
understanding and execution of our business unit strategies.
- Effectively manage and grow a book of business through underwriting and
assessing risk on new and existing business.
- Make quick, sound decisions with confidence and propose
recommendations to senior underwriter/manager as appropriate
- Highly motivated self-starter who performs well independently and/or under the
direction of a manager
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate difficult decisions.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
- Ability to develop a strategy to achieve the desired outcome in a given
- Outside sales and marketing mentality
- Detail oriented
- Works well individually as well as in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills/experience
- Well organized, effectively manages demands on time
- Takes accountability for development and ownership of decisions and
- Desire to grow and develop a career
Travelers provides a dynamic work environment with opportunities to put your talent to use. We provide training and resources, and support employee development. We expect high achievement from our team members, and compensate for performance exceeding expectations. If this opportunity interests you and you think that your qualifications are a good match for our Management Liability Account Executive position, then we would like to talk with you.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Job Category : Underwriting
Sabre Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a world leader in travel commerce, retailing travel products and providing distribution and...