Qumu Manager/Lead Sustaining Engineering
Qumu, Inc. develops and markets an enterprise software platform that enables Fortune 2000 firms to deliver Enterprise TV (eTV) - live and on-demand business video broadcast over IP networks to the desktop. Qumu’s technical team has spent the last five years together developing a "world class" software application.
Qumu provides excellent benefits, subsidized commute options, several pre-tax advantages, a very cooperative/flexible work environment, and the ultimate opportunity to work with A-list, industry-recognized leaders. They're just a bunch of dedicated, smart, hard-working professionals who love to have fun while creating the best enterprise video software application humankind has ever seen.
Take ownership of complex technical customer issues and work with our support team to provide software fixes and enhancements, bridging gaps in Qumu software functionality and hardware appliances depending on customer requirements. This position will report directly to the Director of Software Development and the person will be responsible for building and managing a new team of engineers for the Sustaining Engineering Group.
- Experience troubleshooting and addressing performance issues at the web, application, and database layers.
- Ability to analyze Java Virtual machine statistics and identify deadlock conditions and object monitor contention
- Strong skills in Object Oriented Programming, software development, and methodologies
- Familiarity with the entire development life cycle, including specification, design, development, documentation, quality assurance, release activities, and post-release support
- First-rate communication skills, both verbal and written
MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years professional experience and proven track record creating and maintaining production quality J2EE Web applications
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with ORM (Hibernate preferred)
- SQL proficiency; working knowledge of Oracle, MS SQL, or DB2
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Spring MVC, Struts)
- Jboss, Eclipse
- Experience developing apps for multimedia (Windows Media Services)
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies, MPEG 1/2/4
- Net/C# and/or Silverlight experience is a very strong plus
- Knowledge of Subversion, build/release procedures
- Knowledge of Java project management and testing tools such as Maven
- Skills in developing and programming against Web Service APIs
- Experience with Apache Axis (or SAAJ and JAX-RPC)
- Experience with JSON based UI frameworks (Dojo, JQuery)