Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
The Disputes and Investigations service line of Alvarez & Marsal’s Global Forensic and Dispute Services practice is seeking a Manager/Director for its team in Chicago.
- Quantify and support damages and/or lost profit calculations in a litigation setting
- Identify and quantify financial fraud and related remediation
- Perform/oversee complex accounting or other research required for clients across a diverse range of industries
- Synthesize information and develop reports (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Perform data analysis using MS Excel, MS Access, etc.
- Scope out projects; develop work plans, strategy and budgets, and deliver results
- Execute and manage multiple streams of work
- Develop and implement solutions to complex problems by thinking “outside the box”
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff by providing them with leadership, mentorship, performance feedback and career guidance
- Develop client relationships and assist with business development
- CPA (with current license) required; CFE or CFF desired
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred), finance, economics or other business-related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience in combination of forensic accounting, investigation and litigation consulting roles required; 3+ years of Big 4/public accounting firm experience a plus
- Experience in consulting on post-acquisition disputes desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Alvarez & Marsal - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...