#20330 Manager/Director, Technical Services and Support - Gamification
Location: Redwood City, CA (some remote work a possibility)
Our client is the industry leader in gamification. Having shipped the first gamification solution in the marketplace back in 2007, the company continues to work with some of the largest consumer and B2B companies in the world. Companys gamification platform and its powerful analytics solution, allow the creation of customized, actionable and scalable user experiences for consumers, employees and partners.
The Technical Services and Support Manager/Director leads and oversees technology strategy decisions for all new clients and for existing clients re-launching on the platform/solutions. Supports the launch and growth of new and existing clients that leverage companys technology. This role enables the consistent high quality delivery of scalable and maintainable processes and technology strategy for clients that drive growth for the company through technology services.
- Position may have direct reports; number of direct reports will scale based on workload.
- Responsible for overall management of client technology strategy during pre-sale and post-sale stages.
- Creatively leverages use of existing technology when possible.
- When needed, collaborates with Product Development on changes to Product Design to fit new client needs.
- Manages technical resources that support the technical services and technical strategy team.
- Frequently works with clients on business and technology strategy.
- Works closely with Product Management, Client Services, and Sales as well as management on technology needs and projects.
- Use communication and relationship management skills to build an effective technology services team, mobilize them towards a common objective and influence stakeholders to ensure their continued support.
- Lead and participate in development of business strategies and plans within their domain.
- Participate in planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts
- Coaches and mentors technical services resources on technical skills, methodologies, patterns and best practices.
- Innovates with new processes and systems that support scale in the technical services organization
- Delivers technology strategy on projects that drive scale and customer satisfaction
- Manages assigned technology and/or launch projects from pre-sale through transition of project to day-to-day operations team.
- Manages to project budgets and other standards to which projects can be measured.
- Actively fosters a service culture within the team that puts Client needs first.
- Develops good working relationships with key company people on all accounts that come through team.
- Develops a trust and confidence relationship with key constituents, including Clients, adding value as a key advocate and contributor
- Monitors overall team workload and forecasts and plans to scale resources up and down accordingly.
- Monitors and balances workload of individual team members.
-May include oversight of offshore resources assigned to a project.
- Works with management, peers, and team members to develop and implement effective processes, procedures, and methodologies and ensures that team consistently follows these practices.
- Influences and coordinates resources outside of ones own scope of control in order to meet client needs and business objectives.
- Assists senior management with monthly department financial forecasts, with an emphasis on client utilization.
- Influences engagement strategy
Proposals & Pre-Sales:
- May be asked to author and/or assist on technical strategy pieces of proposals within key accounts, particularly those that have the probability of unique technology requirements.
- Will work in close alignment with Sales Engineer and Account Management to respond to client RFPs.
- Leads Clients to understanding of our technology products and capabilities to collaboratively find solutions to Client needs.
- Leads Clients to understanding how best to leverage company technology products in their architecture.
- Qualifies and recommends to internal resources the correct technology platforms and solutions to meet Client needs and alerts senior management of any potential concerns.
- May direct and/or manage Technical services team members.
- Removes obstacles and promotes both the team and the individual.
- Creates an environment in which people have authority, initiative, and ability to manage their own work.
- Interviews and informs, and helps make hiring decisions.
- Documents performance reviews and issues.
- Recommends compensation, promotion, and disciplinary action.
- Ensures the ongoing training of employees, including process, product, and technology training.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Minimum 5-8 years of successful experience in IT project management leadership.
- Proven "big picture" thinking and innovation capabilities (across client and company boundaries).
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in MIS/Computer Science; Master's degree preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of all technology available to clients.
- Demonstrated strong persuasive, communication, and engagement skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work under aggressive timelines.
- Effective communication skills related to technology concepts and recommendations to clients, executives and managers in order to influence decision making.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities. Proven ability to proactively identify, capture and assimilate diverse data from various sources to develop client-centered recommendations.
- Complex Program Management - Extensive expertise in implementing complex projects across organizational boundaries, many cultures and stays aligned to expected outcomes.
- Process Improvement Expertise Ability to understand and optimize complex operational systems for the delivery of varied work products.
- Agile Project Management Expertise Demonstrated experience in the professional discipline of agile development on an enterprise scale, including its integration with common enterprise project management requirements.
- Technical Management Expertise Skills and abilities necessary to management multiple technical platforms and the resources that enhance and support those systems.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focused Solution Design
- Oral/Verbal/Written Communication
- Relationship Building
- Team Leadership
Jon Piggins / Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing
Nationwide IT Recruiting for High Tech Industries