Manager/Senior Manager Product Manager-13002593
This position sits within the B2B / Central Bill Product Management Team within Global Corporate Payments (GCP). GCP provides payments solutions to mid-sized companies and large corporations worldwide, issuing local-currency commercial cards in over 40 countries and International Dollar Corporate Cards in over 100 countries. American Express’ Payment Services are driving the evolution of the payments industry by helping customers implement payments process efficiencies and improve working capital.
The B2B / Central Bill Product Management team is entrepreneurial, highly dynamic, and focused on driving incremental results in order to capture the significant marketplace opportunity. The combination of an expanded global footprint and exciting product evolution will make the next 12-24 months critical to the overall direction of the business.
The Manager/Senior Manager of B2B / Central Bill Product Management will play a key role in the development of the card payment products and go to market strategy. This individual will work closely with end customers, sales, account development, product development, technology, marketing, and other teams to develop a clear understanding of the customer needs, market demands and competition. Also, this person will partner with the local teams to clearly develop and implement the global strategy. We are looking for a Product Manager who can work pragmatically within real-world constraints and solve business and process challenges within a cross-functional, collaborative work environment.
The position will report to the Director – B2B / Central Bill Product Management in New York.
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Superior thought leadership and analytical abilities to identify business opportunities, define global strategies and solve business challenges
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify changes required to address them
- Experience managing concurrent work streams. Strong project management and results driven mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship, and influence management skills that allow for close partnerships with many different constituents, inside and outside of Amex and across all levels
- Prior experience with Commercial Card or B2B payment products a plus, but not required
- Demonstrate strong sense of self-awareness, caring and respect for others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate at senior levels
- MBA preferred
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...