Business Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Federal Tax
Requisition Number: 34401
Function: Tax Services
Area of Interest: FAS 109 Tax
State: New York
City: New York
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Federal Tax practice in our New York office.
* Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations for a variety of clients from Fortune 100 companies to emerging businesses
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide industry knowledge and experiences
* Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
* Manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects
* Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
* Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
* Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
* Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
* Five years of corporate tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn’t currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
* Strong knowledge of FAS 109
* Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships
* Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
* Eight years of corporate tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation and/or law firm
* Experience mentoring and counseling staff level team members
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP - 20 months ago
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...