In this role you will:
To win in this role you need:
- You'll lead the teams on a variety of problems that improve next generation of matching between jobs and contractors including advanced personalization algorithms and the search experience - indexing, retrieval, relevance and ranking
- You will set the vision and the technical direction for the team yet be hands on – one of your favorite things should be coding side-by-side with the engineers.
- Build a world-class personalization and search service
- Be execution oriented and have a knack for being results driven
- Have the desire to experiment with new ideas and explore new techniques to implement features used by users from over 150 countries!
- Have a competitive spirit – from foosball to hack-a-thons, you want to be the best you can be
- MS in computer science or equivalent (PhD preferred).
- 8 years of relevant technical/software engineering experience in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of management experience, leading software engineers and managing multiple projects.
- Experience in areas like personalized relevance, machine learning and data mining, and search.
- Strong algorithmic background.
- Proven ability to lead researchers while delivering production quality software in an iterative manner.
- Proven java and object-oriented development skills and experience.
- Experience with storage and distributed platforms like Hadoop, MongoDB and LAMP stack.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Self-starter - ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- 2 years ago - save job
Elance is at your service. Formerly a provider of software that businesses used to streamline the way they bought and managed various...