Elance is pioneering a new way to work, helping businesses level the playing field by providing them with access to star talent on demand. As the Manager/Tech Lead for our matching efforts, you'll lead the search and recommendations engineering teams to develop the next generation of search and personalization capabilities at Elance.
In this role you will:
To win in this role you need:
- You'll lead the teams on a variety of problems that improve next generation of matching between jobs and contractors including advanced personalization algorithms and the search experience - indexing, retrieval, relevance and ranking
- You will set the vision and the technical direction for the team yet be hands on - one of your favorite things should be coding side-by-side with the engineers.
- Build a world-class personalization and search service
- Be execution oriented and have a knack for being results driven
- Have the desire to experiment with new ideas and explore new techniques to implement features used by users from over 150 countries!
- Have a competitive spirit - from foosball to hack-a-thons, you want to be the best you can be
- MS in computer science or equivalent (PhD preferred).
- 8 years of relevant technical/software engineering experience in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of management experience, leading software engineers and managing multiple projects.
- Experience in areas like personalized relevance, machine learning and data mining, and search.
- Strong algorithmic background.
- Proven ability to lead researchers while delivering production quality software in an iterative manner.
- Proven java and object-oriented development skills and experience.
- Experience with storage and distributed platforms like Hadoop, MongoDB and LAMP stack.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Self-starter - ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Come work where people say "Happy Monday" and actually mean it (seriously, no joke).
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you're helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we're not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We're also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we're always looking for amazing people ready to help the world work differently.
So check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Then join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means "This Gig Is Fantastic."
Visit us at www.elance.com.
Elance is at your service. Formerly a provider of software that businesses used to streamline the way they bought and managed various...