USA-CA: CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Feb 27, 2013, 7:44:18 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the day-to-day general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
- Consults with assigned clients to understand their distribution networks and determines the logistics resources required to support equipment, safety, personnel and maintenance. Negotiates with supply sources to meet technical requirements.
- Works in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Analyzes and evaluates design concepts and integration support requirements to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements. Implements, monitors and adjusts solutions to ensure the integration of support considerations as needed.
- Analyzes technology and distribution network trends and implements changes in department as appropriate.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of logistics engineering experience
- Five or more years of leadership/supervisory experience included
- Experience working with the department business objectives
- Experience working with engineering, supply and configuration management processes with respect to logistics
- Experience working with design-support programs such as integrated logistic support (ILS), logistics support analysis (LSA), reliability centered maintenance (RCM), etc.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for determining and providing logistics support
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors, employees and technical personnel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 9 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...