Manager: Operations Research & Optimization
- This position is responsible for developing credit risk management, decision management, and business intelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and research serving financial institution clients within the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This position requires an understanding of US consumer lending and credit risk management as well as training in optimization and other advanced analytic methods
- Partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management, decision management, and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- Participate in projects with statisticians & solutions consultants on analytic client engagements involving predictive and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle leveraging a variety of techniques: linear programming, integer programming, dynamic programming, network analysis, decision analysis, segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, and scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Design and write mainframe, UNIX and PC technical programs for data extraction, segmentation, statistical analysis, and optimization on large population datasets.
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- Enable the development of project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to drive adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- Identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- Foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
- Masters’ degree or Ph.D. in industrial engineering, operations research, applied mathematics, statistics or a related quantitative field with coursework in mathematical programming. Track record of academic excellence from a top tier academic institution.
- Over five years’ financial services experience or equivalent with a keen understanding of consumer credit dynamics.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking & creative problem solving skills.
- Scientific programming or application development experience using a third-generation language or close substitute (Java, C++, C, C#)
- Proficiency with one or more optimization software packages (CPLEX, Gurobi, LINGO, GAMS, AMPL, Mathematica)
- Experience using software tools for data mining and statistical analysis (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Familiarity with database management systems and related tools (SQL, Access, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop, XML)
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment.
- Motivational people management & leadership style.
TransUnion - 16 months ago
TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the others...