This position is located in Serra Mesa, area of San Diego CA.
8-hour shift: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in advertising or marketing preferred, or other equivalent work experience.
- Minimum six (6) years in marketing and communications with an advertising agency and/or large regional organization encompassing multiple communications disciplines, including branding, advertising and strategic marketing required.
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer) with the ability to learn new software products is required.
- In-depth knowledge and working history of planning and implementing communications campaigns. Understanding of the use of research and other evaluation tools in developing strategy and measuring effectiveness.
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing business and corporate environment. Highly organized with strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and maintain a high level of accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with all levels of employees and strong adherence to Sharp’s Behavior Standards.
- Excellent customer-service skills and a positive “can-do” attitude.
With supervision from the Director, Marketing and Communications for the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, this position is responsible for the strategic planning and development of communications initiatives and campaigns to promote awareness and drive utilization of Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus entities and their key services.
Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus consists of Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Sharp McDonald Center, and Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: 1) plans and implements print, broadcast and electronic advertising, videos, direct mail/CRM initiatives and collateral; 2) plans and implements special events, community education seminars and other outreach activities; 3) writes for various internal and external communications vehicles; 4) develops pitches and fulfills requests from a variety of media outlets; 5) helps train and coach Metro Campus specialist and coordinator.
The Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus Marketing Team, made up of 5 team members, supports marketing and communications efforts for the campus entities including Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Sharp Vista Pacifica Hospital, Sharp Home Care and the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion. The entity marketing team collaborates with systemwide teams such as creative services, advertising, public relations and digital marketing to coordinate projects in support of campus intitiatives.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Sits frequently at desk using computer terminal. Ability to speak/hear clearly in person and on the telephone. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds. Ability to appropriately handle stress associated with multifaceted responsibilities.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...