Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven well-rounded and experienced Logistics Manager to be responsible for managing the flow of materials from the source of supply directly to the customer and/or third-party logistics provider.
The ideal candidate has the skill and vision necessary to lead the set-up, implementation and day-to-day operations of a scalable “world class” receiving, storage, and distribution strategy for the company. This person must have experience in all aspects of Logistics management; including, export compliance, reagents and chemicals, cold-chain shipping, large instrument shipping, and strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization.
The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to pursue innovative solutions based on an assessment of business requirements. This person should have a successful track record of playing a leadership role in the selection and implementation of Logistics systems, including; bar coding and shipment traceability. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to smoothly transition between a “hands-on” mode of management to a “coaching and empowerment role” and back as circumstances dictate.
This Position reports to the Senior Director of Supply Chain.
• Responsible for the importing and exporting of goods world-wide. Including, but not limited to large capital equipment, reagents, and chemicals.
• Direct all receiving, stockroom and shipping activities to ensure that company business needs are met.
• Responsible for internal communications related to key performance metrics and on-going program information.
• Manages logistics-related data to support internal and external customers in the day-to-day general areas of, supply, technical requirements, safety and documentation development, and maintenance.
• Negotiates with Logistic supply partners to meet technical requirements. Manage on-going Logistic supply partner relationships.
• Works in conjunction with sales operations and field support to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer satisfaction.
• Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance performance and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
• Play an active role in designing and implementing scalable “best practice” inventory control systems (inventory accuracy, process excellence, LEAN techniques, KANBAN, and bar coding) including, Direct Fulfillment which contributes to reduced costs, increased revenue, enhanced efficiency, and other improvements company-wide.
• Play an active role in working with Finance and Manufacturing to establish a roadmap for the implementation of systems compliant with Sarbanes Oxley, ISO, and FDA.
• Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
• Willing to work hand in hand with Hourly employees to ensure the job gets done.
• In depth knowledge of International shipments into European and Asian countries.
• Understanding of customs clearance and VAT requirements associated with importing/exporting goods.
• Have established relationships with shippers such as Federal Express, DHL, Express Air, Main Freight, etc.
• Experienced in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 requirements and implementation a plus.
• Experience with shipping large capital items that require special handling.
• Experience with shipping temperature controlled items with dry ice
• A proven track record of delivering on commitments within timeline and budget is required.
• Demonstrated high level skills in project management.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent written and oral skills.
• Proven track record of people management and team building.
• Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience using SAP a plus
• Undergraduate degree preferred, MBA a plus.
Pacific Biosciences - 7 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...