The Manager - Human Capital Group Operations develops, leads and executes Human Capital Group operations, including total rewards (compensation, benefits, recognition), talent management, and legal compliance associated with HCG practices. The Manager - HCG Operations develops HCG strategies and programs to be carried out and implemented by the operations staff and serves as the principal leadership for talent procurement and all HCG operations. This job also leads the HCG budgeting, planning and expenditure control processes and supervises HCG Consultant - Specialists.
- Architect market pricing and compensation strategies. Provide direction and oversight for the competitive market based compensation system, which includes job analysis/assessment, market based pricing, and compensation administration. Consult with internal business partners on development of sales incentive pay programs and lead administration of such programs.
- Architect and oversee the administration of the annual and SIP Incentive structure.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Credit Union's employee fringe benefit package, including all health and welfare benefits and retirement plans. Partner closely with vendors in developing employee benefit programs that both deliver employee value and effectively manage costs.
- Lead the Credit Union's recognition and retention initiatives, including the corporate recognition program.
Talent Procurement and Management:
- Develop and execute talent management strategy, including talent management processes, selection/succession practices and career/ management development activities that secure dynamic, engaged, right-fit talent for the enterprise.
- Provide principal leadership in Credit Union talent procurement and on-boarding/off-rolling programs
Planning & Budgeting:
- Develop and lead the HCG planning and budgeting processes.
- Translate business plans and budgets into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities.
- Monitor and oversee expenditure control to ensure successful adherence to business plans and budget.
Employee & Internal Customer Engagement Advocate:
- Stay attuned to employee morale and general employee sentiment.
- Ensure motivating processes and programs (performance management, employee recognition, learning and development) are executed consistently and in a timely manner.
- Seek and encourage feedback on a regular basis.
- Promote role modeling and coaching in the areas of employee engagement.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of all HCG Operational processes, practices and business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Serve as a resource/provide guidance on HCG compliance with legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies.
- Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; comply with Privacy Act directives.
- Manage a diverse team of HCG Consultant - Specialists using effective training, performance assessment and coaching techniques.
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities
- Provide continual assessment, discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the recruitment, selection, retention, rewarding and development of employees.
- Ensure fair administration of Human Resources policies and procedures.
ACU Culture Champion:
- Embody the ACU culture by promoting ACU cultural hallmarks
- Incorporate ACU language of cultural hallmarks in HCG communications
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Master's degree preferred
- Human Resources Professional certification preferred
- Five plus years of experience in human resources management, including compensation, sales incentive plans, employee benefits, talent management and employee relations
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent customer service, organization, and follow-up skills
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to work independently
- PHR certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability and experience in consulting as a business partner
Alliant Credit Union - 21 months ago