Manager – Risk Management, EGG RIM-13008737
The incumbent will be responsible for the development of fraud risk strategies and capabilities within the Enterprise Growth Risk Management group. S/he will manage/maintain existing strategies/capabilities and identify opportunities that improve customer experience and shareholder value through profitability based analytics and continuously evaluating additional data sources (Internal as well as vendor data.)
The person will also be responsible for monitoring portfolio and process trends. This position will work very closely with cross business teams from Product Development, Marketing, Technologies, Operations and Finance.
The Enterprise Growth business unit is leading the AXP’s global strategy to create non-traditional sources of revenue with an emphasis on prepaid products.
Enterprise Growth Risk Management team is a key partner to the business to help realize the vision, create the design and drive the focus required to excel in this emerging area.
- Develop and support the implementation of fraud risk management strategies including the design of on-boarding, funds in, funds out and case setup strategies leveraging a combination of internal, public and partner data.
- Lead the design and execution of the risk capabilities required to support new process enhancements.
- Regularly review portfolio MIS and conduct regular case reviews to identify opportunities and drive effective risk strategies.
- Leverage new and emerging technologies to automate on-boarding, funds in and funds out processes (e.g. Out of wallet questions, One time password, Funding source verification etc.) and decisions.
- Partner closely with marketing, technology and the broader Risk management team
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically
- Proven track record of developing data driven recommendations
- Strong project manager with a focus on flawless execution and pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated experience in managing extensive cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships
- Strong communications skills are required. Understanding of payment products, emerging technologies, competitive landscape and regulatory environment is preferred.
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline is required; Strong SAS/SQL experience
- Masters or PhD degree in Business or quantitative fields or equivalent experience
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 20 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...