The Accounting Manager reports to the Corporate Controller or other Finance Department role as deemed appropriate, and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the global consolidation, SAP administration, treasury, tax, and payroll functions. The Accounting Manager will be charged with establishing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP. The Accounting Manager will interact with senior management, external auditors, consultants and third parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage staff responsible for reporting, review and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual operating results as well as payroll functions.
Manage financial statement close process, including preparation of a consolidation and quality review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, and monthly compliance certificate for the bank.
Design and maintain internal controls to safeguard company’s assets and ensure transactions are executed in accordance with company guidelines.
Develop and maintain accounting policies and ensure consistent application worldwide.
Design and maintain controls over cash and cash reporting, including daily cash availability and testing of bank covenants.
Develop and maintain cash forecasting process
Oversee various compliance reporting requirements including bank, financial, and third party audits.
Assist Senior Management with special projects on an as needed basis.
Assist in month end closing as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years’ financial accounting experience.
- Public experience required.
- Experience with an international company preferred.
- Must have experience managing process changes with a large organization/function.
- Demonstrated strong accounting and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage projects that are complex in nature where professional judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with general accounting procedures
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards
- 5+ years general accounting experience with working knowledge of payroll and treasury functions. Working knowledge of tax payment processing is highly preferred/Minimum of five years managerial experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Access experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting applications.
- Experience generating financial reports with automated accounting systems.
Bioventus - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -