More About HCA.....
HCA has been Recognized in Computerworld Magazine's Top 100 Workplaces to work for Information Technology Professionals for the 4
consecutive year, coming in this year at #25.
HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Manager of Application Services provides managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned application services within an HCA hospital. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the facility's application services direction with HCA's corporate IT&S strategies and the division IT&S strategic plans Primary responsibilities include serving as the application services leader for an HCA facility, managing the work activities of application support personnel assigned to the hospital and coordinating consistent support of application services and implementation activity within the hospital. This individual also assists in resolving highly complex issues regarding application services, coordinates facility application implementation and upgrade projects, assists in developing strategies for training and tools for application services across the division, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in the application services area. The Manager of Application Services requires subject matter knowledge across all facility applications. This position must stay abreast of latest application support developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed facility, division and corporate requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors. This position requires strong people management skills, personal drive, and the ability to see strategy through to execution in a matrix reporting environment. Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned application services and support for an HCA hospital.
Maintains strong relationships with division application services team and Division Director of Application Services.
Meets with facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities for all facility applications
Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of facility application services resources
Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the application services area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
Participates in the development of corporate and division-level technical standards, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
Ensures that the design and use of technical services adhere to established division and HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of application services incidents and requests.
Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
Builds strong relationships with application services users groups across HCA, IT&S managers and directors, and the Technical Services Leadership Council.
Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging application support approaches and methodologies
- Mature understanding of application services and support processes and workflow
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and detailed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations
- Competency in basic PC use and required tools
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two of experience in application services support
- Support experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Experience in team leadership and direct supervision
- Experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable