Are you interested in the opportunity to work for one of upstate New York’s most respected and fastest growing companies? The Bonadio Group is not only upstate New York’s largest independent CPA and Financial Services firm, but it’s also the fastest growing firm in the area. If you’re looking to be a part of a winning team who believes in support, teamwork, excellence and opportunities for growth then you’ve come to the right spot. Our strategic business model and continued focus to always exceed client expectations has made Bonadio a nationally recognized firm, we’re a Top 100 CPA Firm and one of the Top 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, in the country!
We are currently seeking a Commercial Audit Manager to play a key role on the Commercial Team in the Syracuse Office. This individual will work closely with the Commercial Team to provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements in several for-profit industries inclusive of financial institutions. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, changeable client-service environment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
· Develop understanding of client’s business and aspects of client’s industry.
· Prepare clear and concise working papers and financial statements.
· Generate reports which identify and address areas of significant risk and evaluate overall effectiveness of operations.
· Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that positively influence organization's operation.
· Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
· Skilled at preparing complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues and proposals.
· Oversee the efforts of client service teams on client engagements.
· Manage, develop, train and mentor staff.
· Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
· Recognizes the opportunity of providing new and innovative services and demonstrates the ability to pursue such opportunities.
· Effective at retaining clients and development of new clients.
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
· Able to handle and manage multiple priorities, and deliver projects and engagements on time, within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
· Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Strong communication, organizational and client service skills are essential
- Strong verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, including planning, and prioritizing
- Ability to multi-task, take direction, but also work independently.
- Proficient in ProSystem software; Microsoft Office inclusive of Outlook.
- 6-8 years of relevant audit experience
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- CPA certification
- This is a full-time opportunity located in Syracuse, New York
- Frequent travel to client locations is required
- Office hours are 8am - 5pm (summer hours 8-am – 5:30pm M-Th; 8am – 12pm Fri; ability to work additional hours during peak work periods including Saturdays is critical)
The Bonadio Group - 18 months ago