Identifies, evaluates, negotiates, and closes commercial mortgage investments within an assigned geographic region through an established correspondent network. Has comprehensive knowledge of assigned markets and is capable of completing the most complex transactions. Responsibilities also include portfolio monitoring, risk assessment, and generating targeted returns from investments. This position is responsible for expanding new business platform through incumbent's established mortgage banking and/or commercial borrower relationships.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Reviews and analyzes new and renewal loan requests consistent with established guidelines utilizing real estate valuation and financial analysis techniques. Underwrites, structures, and recommends loan requests, long- and short-term extensions, assumptions, modifications, and transfers.
- Presents recommended commercial mortgage investments to investment committee. Negotiates terms and conditions of recommended transactions with correspondents and borrowers.
- Facilitates efficient and effective communications and workflow between the closing and servicing departments.
- Travels to perform property inspections relative to assigned accounts. Monitors market conditions and meets with correspondents and borrowers.
- Monitors the performance of assigned mortgaged portfolio and maintains a list of 'watch-list' accounts identified as being potential issues.
- Has supervisory management responsibilities. Has hire/fire authority, makes compensation-related decisions, manages workload and work schedules, conducts performance review, and manages performance issues for direct reports.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in commercial mortgage lending and/or investment related fields.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Real Estate industry.
- Extensive technical expertise in financial and spreadsheet software.
- Strong transaction execution skills
- Incumbents are experienced commercial real estate professionals capable of independent activity including origination, structuring, and execution of complex transactions.
About Great-West Financial:
Great-West Financial SM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro Denver with offices around the country, Great-West Financial offers a wide range of retirement savings products and services, life insurance and annuities. With more than a century of experience and a history of financial strength and stability, Great-West Financial has earned the reputation as a trusted financial partner, to and through retirement.
For more information, please visit www.greatwestcareers.com . We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We are committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
You’ll find good people at Great-West Financial.
Great-West Financial SM refers to products and services provided by Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates. Great-West Financial SM is a service mark of Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company.
Great-West - 15 months ago
Great-West FinancialSM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro...