The Manager of Cost Accounting will be responsible for the following.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Oversee the monthly valuation of all inventory for Benjamin Moore US and Canada
- Review inventory and cost of sales journal entries prepared by all departments
- Prepare inventory and cost of sales reconciliations to determine variances and present to senior management
- Review LIFO calculation
- Analyze variances and audit all data used to prepare inventory valuations
- Oversee physical inventory valuation procedures
- Review freight files from US Bank
- Ensure all procedures are documented and followed
- Review current process and enhance as necessary
- Design and implement cost accounting systems
- Analyze production costs and recommend changes
- Hire, train and supervise cost accounting staff
- Act as liaison with internal and external auditors relating to cost accounting inquiries
- Establish and maintain relationships with all manufacturing and distribution center, corporate Supply Chain and Supply Chain Planning personnel
- Prepare quarterly schedules for parent company
- Research technical accounting issues and determine implementation
- Special projects throughout the year.
- Prepare management analyses of cost and volume trends. Work with Operations Teams to identify and implement inventory management and procurement improvements.
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Co endeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, cost, Benjamin Moore, inventory, planning, reporting
- 10+ years experience in Cost Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA, CMA or MBA a plus
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and technology skills.
- Possess strong managerial skills.
- Ability to manage projects as needed
Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in these areas has...