This position leads a team of professionals who are responsible for conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and executing several key activities including analysis and presentation of operational and capital budgeting, cost reduction activities, performance reporting, forecasting and planning for the manufacturing business areas.
- Own the process of using financial and performance metrics to guide the operation to achieve world class financial performance
- Lead local cost reduction program
- Lead and prepare monthly closing activities, analysis and cost performance reporting
- Business case calculation and analysis for make vs. buy and investment studies
- Lead and manage all manufacturing financial forecasting and budgeting activities including, capital investments, new product implementation costs
- Continuously improve the financial processes that are used to account for and control costs
- Participate in global groups and teams as necessary.
- Act as Director, Financial Control in his/her absence or as circumstances dictate.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Planning and Organization: Anticipating and drawing inferences about the future and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Resources Management: Protecting assets and allocating people, equipment and money to general value or benefit in proportion to the resources invested.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Leadership: Setting and modeling high performance standards and empowering a team of people to achieve agreed-upon outcomes.
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment
- Forward Thinking: Identifying major priorities critical to the organization’s success, weighing the likely consequences of actions and events, and formulating strategies to meet organizational goals.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, CMA or CPA preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or certification preferred
- Minimum of five to ten years experience in cost and managerial accounting including supervisory experience.
- Excellent presentation abilities, communication skills, leadership capabilities and experience in a manufacturing environment.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group - 12 months ago