Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include:
Application Management Services Information Management Oracle Package Technologies SAP Package Technologies Emerging Solutions Technologies Systems Integration Technology Strategy & Architecture Application Management Services: Provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process outsourcing for clients. Develop the post implementation go-live support environment, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure
Information Management : Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information efficiently for competitive advantage
Oracle Package Technologies : Performs advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, procurement, order management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise leveraging the full suite of Oracle products (ie Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, and Edge Products)
SAP Package Technologies : Perform advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise with the full suite of SAP products
Emerging Solutions Technologies: Builds new practices that differentiate, complement, and augment our existing offerings in the enterprise application and eCommerce arenas.
Systems Integration : Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte's SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Technology Strategy & Architecture: Deliver Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. Encompasses architecture, engineering, and operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success
Deloitte Consulting's Financial Services Industry Practice offers a broad range of advisory services including strategic, regulatory, mergers and acquisitions, risk management and management consulting to clients in many financial industries.
The Banking consulting practice provides services to major banks around the globe and works in virtually all banking areas and competencies.
Essential functions of a Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
- Retail Banking: Consumer deposits accounts, loans (e.g., auto, home equity), individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Mortgage: Consumer Loans secured by real estate (e.g., personal residence). This includes the underwriting, approval, servicing and collections.
- Payments: Payments initiation, processing and settlement. Includes credit cards
- Wholesale Banking: Cash management services (e.g., lockbox, fund management), merchant services, business banking services (deposits and loans), institutional trust and securities custody services to commercial and corporate institutions.
A Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
Managers in the Data Center, Infrastructure practice are required to have:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery : Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience At least 2 years of experience leading an architecture assessment and developing a roadmap to migrate the technical architecture of client. A minimum of 4 full life cycle implementations A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday) Must have experience successfully leading complex technical engagements and teams, throughout the entire project lifecycle, with team sizes ranging from 10-25 resources. At least 2 years of experience contributing to the development and presentation of client proposals. A Bachelor's Degree or relevant industry experience.
Qualified Manager Candidates are required to have at least one full lifecycle project experience in one or more of the following areas:
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Servers : Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Consolidation, Tiered and Virtualized Storage, Automated Provisioning, Rationalization, Infrastructure Cost Reduction, Thin Provisioning.
- Storage : Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Partitioning, Rationalization, Architecture, Design, Data Migration, Synchronization Technologies, File Systems.
- Operating Systems and Software : Upgrade Planning and Implementation, Linux Opportunity, Wintel Virtualization Architecture and Design, Solaris 8 to 10 Upgrades, AIX 5.3 Virtualization, Clustering and Grid Computing, Linux-on-Mainframe.
- Open Source : Creating Point of View documents, Sizing and Performance Analyses, Selection and Implementation, Platform Design and Selection.
- Databases : Performance Tuning, Clustering Design, High availability Architectures
- Virtualization : Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Reducing Sprawl,
- Data Center : Optimization, Redesign, Consolidation, Co-location.
- Cloud Computing : Types of clouds (Infrastructure, Platform, Software, Business), Disposition of Clouds (Public, Private, Hybrid, Community and Virtual Private), Cloud Business Models (Subscriber, Provider, Broker and Enabler).
- Green Technologies : LEED, Enterprise Sustainability, Virtualization, Power Management, Data Center Facilities, Renewable Energy, Green Buildings, Innovation, Energy Management, Cooling Redesign, Power Efficient Servers, Data Center Migration/Consolidation, Server/Application Consolidation.
- Infrastructure-Based Processes : Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- Experience with any of the following: EMC, IBM, Hitachi, SUN.
- Performance Tuning and Diagnostics.
- Storage Sourcing, Vendor relationships, Enterprise Cost Reduction, Storage Consolidation, Backup and recovery Methodologies, Storage Replication and Disaster Recovery experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Business Continuity processes, experience with tape technologies, Information Life Cycle Management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Deloitte - 2 years ago
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...