Under the direction of the Assistant Hub Manager or Senior Manager – Hub, the Manager – Dock Operations oversees the frontline managers in the day-to-day operation of the hub to ensure the best possible service to the customers through timely and safe movement of parcels throughout our system, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the performance of direct reports. Provide leadership, training, and opportunities in order to develop and retain talented employees. Hold frontline managers accountable for their area of responsibility and their direct reports. Assist in handling employee relations issues.
- Interview, hire, train, discipline, schedule, and develop direct reports and dock employees.
- Manage dock hours. Verify eTime hours against daily labor sheets, verify weekly temp agency hours, and verify that labor is coded correctly in eTime.
- Promote and support corporate initiatives regarding quality, service, safety and productivity.
- Participate in long-term and short-term planning and execution of business goals related to peak planning and staffing needs.
- Communicate with logistics regarding DDU and mainline volume fluctuations and potential problems with accounts.
- Enforce compliance with policies, procedures and goals.
- Communicate needs to staffing agencies regarding labor needs and employee concerns.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Promote affirmative action and equal opportunity employment.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of all housekeeping standards.
- Attend and/or hold necessary meetings (staff, safety, etc.) and required training classes. Possibly travel to other locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in job-related field preferred.
3-5 years of supervisory experience required with preferred degree. However, 5-7 years of supervisory experience are required if candidate does not have preferred degree.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to organize, motivate, and lead employees.
- Solid computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...