Responsible for the Wings brand experience in our financial education, youth and young adult programs offered by the credit union. Develops and grows Wings financial education programs for members and the communities we serve. Identifies metrics for success that align with Wings strategies and target audience and measures/reports on performance against those metrics. Promotes awareness of the Wings Financial brand, products, and services as appropriate. Manages Wings’ youth and young adult programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and implement marketing plans and budgets for Education and Youth Programs.
• Lead and develop employees of the Education and Youth Programs group and provide training and guidance to others in the organization working with these programs.
• Identify metrics that will be used to determine success of financial education programs Wings offers and measure/report on performance against those metrics.
• Develop and maintain relationships with partners, schools, community groups and organizations that align with our target audience and education mission.
• Ensure documentation of education programs, procedures and contacts to ensure continuity over time.
• Leverage youth and young adult programs to drive future business for the credit union.
• Research, recommend and implement enhancements to the credit union’s youth and education programs.
• Represent Wings at financial education events.
• Travel extensively within the Twin Cities metro area and occasionally to other markets in the U.S.
• Teach education classes in the community and youth/young adult classes as needed
• Ensure all external education programs offered by other business units align with Wings overall education efforts and preset a consistent brand image.
• Research, develop and implement lesson plans and programs to improve the financial literacy and economic well-being of Wings Financial members and non-members within the credit union’s field of membership.
• Communicate and promote the Wings Financial advantage as well as general credit union philosophy as necessary.
• Coordinate, organize and carry out all scheduled educational classes while pursuing ongoing opportunities within key communities. Includes preparation of multi-media material and delivery of those materials in a classroom environment.
• Attend education related seminars and conventions to expand professional expertise on current educational programs and materials.
• Ensure communication materials produced comply with regulatory policies and are produced within the parameters of established credit union policies and procedures.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
• Complies with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/CIP (U.S. Patriot Act) procedures and policies.
• Provides members with courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations while processing transactions promptly, efficiently and accurately.
• Follows Wings Financial CU’s “Standards of Professionalism” to represent the credit union to members in a professional manner through written and verbal communications, attitude, business attire, work area, and thorough knowledge of our products and services.
• Meets individual quality service goals as identified in your performance action plan.
• Be an effective team leader through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance, lack of tardiness and participation at meetings and training.
• Accurately applies technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while managing varying degrees of work.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in the Education and Youth Programs Group within the Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Four years of college required in education or related field. State of Minnesota teaching license preferred; Marketing and financial institution background preferred; minimum four year general employment history is required. Minimum 3 years management experience preferred.
• Organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to manage others effectively; good verbal skills.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including collaboration and relationship building skills are required.
• Superior writing ability (excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and word usage);
• Familiarity with Windows and other common technology platforms such as Apple or Android mobile systems, proficiency in several or more of the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet browsing software.
• Excellent presentation skills are required with the ability to present to groups of all sizes, backgrounds, and ages.
• Experience with data analysis and reporting related to education and youth programs as well as the ability to coordinate research and surveys as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee must frequently or occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wings Financial Credit Union - 13 months ago