The Manager of Financial Reporting will have a hands-on leadership role ensuring the books and records are accurately maintained, financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls are maintained in accordance with SOX section 404, and accounting policies and procedures are established and followed. This will require proactive management, communication, and evaluation of the accounting policies, procedures and internal control systems related to the accounting and financial reporting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Assists in preparation of, and reviews, annual Form 10K and quarterly Form 10Q filings and other SEC filings for compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Researches and makes recommendations in regards to compliance with GAAP and new accounting pronouncements
- Prepares account reconciliations and analysis on judgmental reserves and debt and other accounts as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Assist in the preparation of internal financial reporting
- Reviews monthly financial reporting packages for Management, Board of Directors and other appropriate entities
- Reviews quarterly and annual schedules and analysis for external auditors – acts as interface between Company and external auditors
- Assists in the development of Company accounting policies and process improvement initiatives
- Reviews financial and operational performance versus budget, prior year and other performance metrics. Provides variance analysis and follow-up as required
- Use a computer keyboard, 10-key, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as well as outside vendors.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates
- Review, comprehend and respond to all departmental documentation.
Minimum of 3 years in public accounting and experience in the areas federal financial management and accounting, in the areas of financial reporting and analysis, project management, and business process reengineering. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or Other Business related degree with minimum requirements to sit for the CPA exam.CPA recommended.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management