Manager - Financial Reporting
Job ID #: 91334
Functional Area: Finance
Company: 23454 - American General Life and Accident Insurance Company
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 6-9 years
Relocation Provided: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0
The primary responsibilities of the Manager Financial Reporting – Special Projects and Audit Liaison include managing transformational projects and planning, coordinating and executing the quarterly and annual audit work with internal and external auditors. Coordination is required across the organization including key areas such as financial reporting, accounting operations, reinsurance, actuarial, investment accounting, operations, etc. The position would also assist financial reporting with annual GAAP and Stat audits, quarterly and annual statement disclosures, and quarterly SEC work.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing various transformational projects
- Coordination and review of PWC analytics
- Quality control review of audit work papers prior to submission to audit
- Actively managing PBC lists
- Coordination and review of audit responses from throughout the organization
- Ensuring audit deliverables are met or exceeded
This individual will need to be able to operate in an extremely fast paced, complex environment – acting with a complete sense of urgency in a very demanding audit environment.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Analytical and practical problem solving skills with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer-centric and front-line staff perspective.
• Proven leadership skills and positive attitude with the ability to make consistent, sound and effective decisions with minimal direction.
• Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management, on and off-site.
• Ability to multi task with a variety of systems and processes.
• Preference given for strong understanding of insurance accounting and reporting.
• Financial systems knowledge preferred including but not limited to SAP ECC/BI/BPC.
• Demonstrated record of consistent strong performance.
• Knowledge of insurance and annuity products.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
• CPA a plus
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Proven track record of showing initiative and creativity.
• Hands on self-starter, with experience learning new, complex topics.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.
• Track record of acting with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated history of high quality work product.
• Excellent time management skills to ensure metrics and timelines for tasks/projects are met.
• Proven record of being an effective listener and communicator with employees, peers and superiors.
• Results focused with a track record of achievement.
• Ability to thrive in a very dynamic finance team, going through significant change.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Valic - 18 months ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...