The American Diabetes Association (ADA) seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Manager in our Special Events department. This position is responsible for the management, strategy and creative planning while successfully executing the Detroit Gala and Stomp Out Wine Tasting Benefit. Combined fundraising goals for these events exceed $380,000.
Candidates must have a proven track record of planning and executing cost-effective fundraising campaigns that have raised six figures or more, as well as extensive experience in working with volunteers, corporate decision makers and major donors.
This position is responsible for securing sponsorship, committee recruitment and cultivation, auction development, marketing, and event logistics. The selected candidate will have exceptional sales and cold-call abilities. Strong presentation skills - oral and written – are required. Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage sponsor participation and volunteer relationships to successful outcomes. Exemplary attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities necessary. Strong organizational skills, analytical decision making, financial acumen, and creativity required.
This is a fundraising position with its primary focus on revenue generation and relationship building. Other duties will be assigned as needed. This position reports to the Director of Special Events and is based in our Bingham Farms Office.
* Recruit high-level volunteers for leadership of the Gala and Stomp Out events
* Recruit corporate sponsors for the event
* Manage and grow existing corporate relationships
* Manage sponsors to achieve their maximum potential with the Association, including cross promoting our national signature fundraising events, increasing understanding of diabetes and the ADA
* Secure in-kind donations for day of event (i.e. auction, entertainment, giveaways, etc.)
* Build the event committee, facilitate committee and subcommittee meetings
* Engage sponsors, chairs, and committee in face to face meetings and presentations on a weekly basis
* Ensure succession planning for leadership in key positions for the event
* Year round preparation for 'day of event' and execution of logistics
* Secure marketing and promotional materials for the event
* Database management
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* Three to five years of experience in special event fundraising with knowledge of sponsorship, corporate giving, and individual giving for special events
* Demonstrated success in recruiting multiple sponsors over $5,000
* Previous experience in researching, identifying, creating outreach strategies, developing and cultivating relationships with corporations for sponsorship
* Experience in developing, maintaining and expanding strong volunteer committees
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written skills
* Strong experience with MS Office suite, on-line planning systems, database management and applications
* Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated experience with financial information such as income/expense reports, financial analysis and budget reconciliation
* Knowledge of Metro Detroit and Michigan area a plus
* Must have excellent facilitation and/or presentation skills
* Flexible to work nights and weekends
* Applicant should enjoy working on a team and in the field and with face to face interactions
* Must have ability to promote and market the event and ADA mission to ensure maximum participation
* Must be a self-initiator
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (position requires moving, carrying and transporting event objects and materials)
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
An equal opportunity employer.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
American Diabetes Association - 9 months ago