The Key Markets West Division seeks an energetic Special Events Manager to coordinate our signature big ticket Gala Event and other fundraising projects in the Phoenix Chapter of the Arizona Area. The Special Events Manager is responsible for the planning, management and execution of special events and reaching established fundraising goals through corporate sponsorship, honoree recruitment, table sales, silent auction, and wrap-around events.
The Manager works with current volunteer committees to implement established special event action plans including and silent auctions. Candidates must have demonstrated experience identifying, recruiting, cultivating, and celebrating volunteers’ contributions. A working knowledge of the community leaders within the Phoenix valley is preferred.
The successful candidate is results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcome. Cold call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. Excellent presentation, oral and written skills are required. Applicants must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage volunteer leadership to successful outcomes.
In conjunction with fundraising activities, candidate is responsible for promoting public awareness of the American Diabetes Association's mission, goals and objectives.
* Create, develop and implement marketing materials and mailings
* Recruit and serve as a liaison to Day-of Event Volunteers
* Work with staff and volunteer leadership to solicit/collect auction donations and in-kind sponsorships to reduce day-of-event expenses.
* Coordinate procurement and tracking of auction item donations using auction software.
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications and demonstrated experience.
Applicants must have:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years experience with similar voluntary health agencies—or in event management, sales, fund raising and program activities—in progressively responsible positions.
* Previous experience developing relationships that result in large dollar donations from individuals and corporations to successfully achieve annual goals.
* Strong organization skills, be detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience working with diverse leadership and day of event volunteers.
* Access to an automobile as local travel is required.
* The ability to attend weekday evening meetings and some weekend work.
* Enthusiasm for working in the field developing community and state-wide relationships.
* The ability to lift 25 lbs.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Excel; donor database experience a plus.
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
An equal opportunity employer.
“Together we can Stop Diabetes”
American Diabetes Association - 20 months ago