The Audit Manager is responsible for leading a team of auditors to ensure the effective planning and execution of Compliance, Financial, and Operational audits, as well as the timely completion of special projects. The Audit Manager interacts with mid-to-senior level management to discuss audit findings and recommendations intended to improve business practices. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit, requires 50% travel to domestic locations and represents the Inc. (Headquarters) audit function to the various business sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops audit programs to be executed during fieldwork. Develops self-assessment tools to be left with the businesses for continuous improvement.
2. Executes assigned audits leading the team assigned to success through exceptional organization and use of auditing tools and techniques.
3. Coordinates the logistical aspects of ongoing and upcoming audits and the activities of external resources (such as Subject Matter Experts). Develops audit programs to be executed during the fieldwork. Develops self assessment tools to be left with the businesses for continuous improvement.
4. Contributes to the assessment of business risk which will be used to develop, update and execute the annual audit plan. Contributes to the identification of potential future audits
5. Provides performance feedback for each team member at the end of audit engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 11+ years of experience Required Skills:
- At least 5 Years of Internal Audit or Big 4 Experience
- Outstanding Communication, Writing and Presentation Skills required
- Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
- Ability to lead Project/Program team members and check the work of others. Typically responsible for training and developing new team members
- CPA or CIA required (Master's Degree in related field can be substituted for CPA or CIA)
BAE Systems - 23 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...