The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the operations team to drive efficiency and process improvement for the Learners Services & Operations departments through project management, process improvement, system configuration and quality assurance. Partnering with the Learner Services & Operations leadership team, this position will uncover needs and work to develop and implement departmental strategies, policies and practices. They will identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to manage day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Develops and drives initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Improves processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Formulates and implements departmental policies and procedures to maximize output.
- Monitors adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Coordinates with leadership working to assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Implements and manages operational plans.
- Monitors, manages and improves the efficiency of cross functional support services such as IT, ES/AA Operations, and HR. Facilitates coordination and communication between support functions.
- Coaches, motivates, and develops team of Business Application Analysts, and other roles supporting LSO.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or operations management required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of management, staff, external vendors and others.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess, and evaluate process improvement and technology opportunities.
- Strong project management skills with a history of successful project implementations.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to attract retain and develop staff.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence change.
- Proven conflict management skills.
- Capacity to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work under stress.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 10 months ago