Oversees, develops, and manages the FedEx Ground (FXG) Lease Administration team in ensuring all leasing activities are in accordance with policies and guidelines. Develops and oversees processes and controls related to lease administration, ensuring data integrity and lease compliance, as well as resolution of identified landlord/tenant lease discrepancies.
- Manages personnel including daily activities, such as, but not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills & professional development, recognition and rewards, budget analysis, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day to day operations of the department. Develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget. Ensures compliance and is responsible to address variances and other budget concerns.
- Develops methods for effective and efficient analysis of lease information, verification of payment requirements, reconciliation of operating expenses, and cost recovery from landlords.
- Evaluates auditability of leases during the course of negotiation to ensure consistency in evaluation process.
- Negotiates settlement agreements with landlords and formulates contract modifications. Provides recommendations for future lease addendums.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of internal controls related to lease administration, including variance analysis, rent payments, approval of landlord reconciliation statements, and real estate taxes owed.
- Oversees lease administration and analysis process to ensure integrity of database. Ensures income leases for subleases and cross-OpCo tenants are included.
- Conducts internal audits of financial reports, lease documents, database management system, and employee workflow to guarantee accuracy, data integrity, compliance to deadline and approval requirements, and other established guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field required.
Five (5) years’ experience directly related to finance, audit, accounting, commercial lease administration or management.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Query tools preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to analyze, review, interpret data, and make recommendations. Strong financial analysis skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to commercial lease administration.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex commercial lease language.
- Ability to develop effective methods of tracking, monitoring, and analyzing large quantities of data.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...