Manager - Nuclear Fleet Standards-26030
The program standards manager is responsible for ensuring the governance standards for the corporate and nuclear sites in the Nuclear Generating Plant - Operations are aligned to the standards designed to ensure industry top performance. This position is responsible to facilitate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including but not limited to NGP leadership, CFAM team members, NOS team and Regulators, to create, update and maintain appropriate fleet standards that reflect industry best practices. This position may act as the ultimate decision maker regarding standards to be updated and published.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Ensures consistency among the Xcel Energy Nuclear Stations through the development and implementation of standardized policies, programs, processes, and practices that are aligned to industry excellence and support established critical alignment elements of governance as established by the VP of Operations Support.
- Identifies and drives resolution of site governance differences that are not required due to technological differences and ensures the common standards are included in fleet governance. Manage an assigned group of procedure writers and records management staff.
- Provides fleet oversight over the Operations Functional Area programs, policies, and processes to ensure established standards are being met.
- Serves as fleet point of contact with the nuclear Industry in the Operations Functional Area by remaining engaged and active with industry initiatives and knowledgeable of industry trends that may impact Xcel Energy. Serves as the Xcel Energy lead in the Operations Functional Area with the Utilities Services Alliance (USA) Operations Core Peer Team by remaining actively engaged in USA activities and supportive of USA peer group initiatives.
- Integrate with the process of INPO loanee selection and development to ensure that the HR succession and development plan fully utilizes the INPO Loanee process to develop talent. Upon return from Loaned work assignment, provide a method of utilizing returnees to improve corporate standards to best industry practices for an interim period before returning to any other line functions.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor Degree required, preferred subject area is science or engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in the utility industry including at least 5 years at a nuclear power plant site.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Experience managing project schedules and collaborative relationships with stakeholders is required as us demonstrated effective leadership experience.
- Current or previously held SRO license or certification at commercial Pressurized Water Reactor or Boiling Water Reactor site is preferred but not required with 10 years or more experience in nuclear utility industry.
- Extended job assignments and extensive travel between stations is expected for this position.
- A valid state drivers license is required.
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis
- Previous experience as a Control Room or Shift Supervisor would be preferred.
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xcel Energy - 21 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...