Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children's Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation's outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children's Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children's Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children's Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
* Provide leadership and Occupational Health Services by planning, coordinating and managing the operational activity and department personnel of the department.
* Oversee operational activities to assure adherence to budgetary guidelines policies and ensures compliance with quality standards and regulatory guidelines.
* Collaborates with providers, hospitals representatives and leaders.
* Oversee case management and coordination of education and monitoring of injury prevention programs of the hospital.
* Oversee the hospital's ergonomics, injury prevention, and return to work programs.
* Develops program policies and procedures that are consistent with Occupational Health practice as it pertains to a healthcare setting.
* Knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH and CDC standards as they pertain to employment and the safety of hospital employees
* Understanding of Infection control principles
* Understanding of principles of practice as outlined by the AAOHN.
* Understanding of wellness programs and how they can integrate with occupational health practice
* Knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws, ADA, and FMLA standards.
* Required Education: Bachelors; Masters preferred
* Field of Study: Nursing, Public Health, Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Infection Control
* Preferred License/Certification: COHN Certified Occupational Health
* Prefer two years minimum of Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Infection Control experience with demonstrated leadership experience
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 8 months ago