Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Our Pharmacy Operations Group is made up of our national network of wholly owned home delivery pharmacies. These pharmacies consist of administrative processing, Therapeutic Resource Centers and dispensing facilities with state-of-the-art technology that work together to provide clients and members with superior services. These facilities offer fast, seamless service to our members as prescriptions are routed between pharmacies for the highest quality and most expeditious processing and dispensing. Our sophisticated information technology systems and wide network of credentialed pharmacists in specific areas of expertise make us the only pharmacy network capable of delivering our unique practice model.
- Identify, implement, and drive opportunities to improve quality.
- Ensure that audits are performed by the shift supervisors and other personnel as assigned.
- Involve appropriate management and production staff in implementing quality incident resolutions.
- Ensure that employees are recognized for good performance.
- Ensure that the departments comply with the approved service plan.
- Identify opportunities to improve turnaround.
- Ensure that penalty client prescriptions receive priority handling.
- Recognize employees who handle priority/old work first.
- Direct off shift Operations toward continuous improvement, including setting standards for efficiency.
- Identify volume shifts and adjust staffing to maintain the lowest possible queues.
- Provide direction to supervisors and Shift Managers concerning the performance of the off shifts.
- Conduct regular one-to-one meetings with all supervisors and other direct reports.
Housekeeping and Administration
- Ensure all Safety talks are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Establish and enforce all SOPs and GMPs.
- Ensure 100% of shift staff completes required safety and job training.
- Investigate safety incidents as needed.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is tour ready at all times.
- Ensure/Conduct proper investigations and communications with HR prior to administering discipline.
- Know and administer company policies.
- Always be fair and consistent when dealing with employees.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
- Bachelor's degree in major technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Senior management experience is highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and cross-functional work teams.
- Ability to manage budgets and planning processes.
- Ability to manage a Continuous Improvement environment (e.g., Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing)
- Consistently sets an example as a high performing team member.
- Has a positive and constructive approach when dealing with others and when faced with difficult taks.
- Uses influence and organizational dynamics effectively for positive results.
- Resolves more complex issues/problems while weighing risks and considering alternatives.
- Consistently demonstrates forward thinking when presenting ideas/solutions.
- Communicates effectively in highly visible situations.
- Sought out by peers for technical/operational information.
- Confronts problems quickly and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Takes the initiative to generate ideas/solutions.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Whitestown, IN - 4750 East 450 South
4750 East 450 South
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Work From Home?
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.