- Responsible for the successful implementation of process improvement initiatives, which directly result in improved productivity, enhanced safety, enhanced environmental performance, enhanced quality and reduced costs
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, judgment and technical analysis skills, maintaining standards and striving for continuous improvements.
- Responsible for the supervision of the project, practice and operations technology engineers
- Required to influence and control the Iron Producing operations
- This is a hands-on, “in the shop” type position requiring a comprehensive knowledge of Iron Producing operations and an understanding of the shop floor environment
- Must develop and maintain good working relations with management and the hourly workforce in order to evaluate and implement Iron Producing strategies
- Responsible for the execution of operation practices and evaluation of their impact on the process
- Must possess a high level of initiative, curiosity and persistence in order to succeed in this position
- Utilize computer skills to generate reports, evaluate data and present business data
- Must be willing to adopt new practices and procedures with the ability to promote and enforce the change
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience in heavy industry or in a manufacturing environment
- A basic understanding of iron and steel production
- Bachelor degree with the discipline in engineering or engineering technology
- Willingness to work extended work hours and be on call 24/7
- Highly skilled in the use of computers and related software.
- Must possess interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Bachelor’s degree with discipline in mechanical, electrical, chemical or metallurgical engineering.
- 5 – 10 years experience in the basic end of steel manufacturing (Coke Ovens, Iron Producing or Steel Making)
- Have an understanding of the process and equipment involved in Iron Production
- Proven track record with respect to supervisor skills and project accomplishment
- 5 -10 years of experience in heavy metal industry, manufacturing, process automation or project management
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...