Responsible for smooth and efficient operation of assigned department.
Responsible for managing personnel in assigned department including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, terminating.
Recommend annual salary increases and bonuses for department associates.
Perform reference checks on applicants.
Complete new hire paperwork as necessary.
Provide prompt, friendly customer service.
Oversee department zoning, assist in zoning duties as necessary.
Oversee department sign program.
Oversee department price maintenance.
Oversee housekeeping duties.
Handle department communications.
Responsible for auditing and filing of department paperwork.
Ensure compliance with Academy policies and procedures to maintain a safe, productive environment for associates and
Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities when assigned.
Required to learn company policies and procedures.
Required to learn company safety rules.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years retail experience required.
- 1 year management or supervisory experience preferred.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associate's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...