Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Virgin America’s Pricing and Revenue Management Team will implement all pricing and revenue management functions
Main Purpose of the Role
The position requires a hands-on approach and a cross-functional, technically-sound understanding of supply and demand. Additionally, the position requires creativity, inventiveness, and craftiness to create a unique experience for Virgin America customers and to keep us steps ahead of competitors
Main Areas of Responsibility
Our Manager – Pricing and Revenue Management will report to the Vice President – Pricing and Revenue Management. Qualified candidates will possess the business acumen, technical competency, and leadership qualities to conceive, sell, and implement distinctive, innovative, and disciplined pricing and yield management, including the following responsibilities:
Professional Experience Required
- Supervise, develop and lead a staff of pricing and revenue management analysts
- Develop and refine pricing and inventory strategies to maximize revenue capture from the full range of market customer segments
- Represent department at internal senior leadership meetings, cross functional planning sessions, and external industry meetings
- Implement passenger fares, rules, and routings to ATPCO and CRS systems
- Review changes and make appropriate adjustments to competitive fares, rules, routings, and scheduled service levels in specified markets
- Examine changes in market conditions such as competition, schedules, and fares to develop appropriate seat allocations and pricing strategy to optimize revenue
- Analyze tactical and strategic pricing initiatives in order to increase specific metrics such as market share, yield, load factor, and revenue
- Review reports of historical performance and advance booking information for markets each day by tracking booking patterns, over-sales, no-show rates and adjust flights as required to optimize revenue in Virgin America system
- Identify seasonal demand fluctuation and insure the appropriate strategy is in place for each of the seasons. Develop market / flight strategy to match the expected demand of the various periods
- Monitor competitive internet sites for internet-only fares.
- Maintain open communication and develop a good working relationship with counterparts in the Scheduling/Planning, Reservations, Marketing, Ancillary Revenue and Stations areas
- Perform ad hoc projects and reporting as required
Job Requirements Professional Certifications and Education Required
- Experience in airline pricing and revenue management and managing a pricing and revenue management airline team
- Significant hands-on experience with airline pricing and revenue management tools, forecasting techniques, and general airline economic data, preferred
- Creative problem-solver, ability to multi-task simultaneously
- Calculated risk taker, and assume responsibility for results in an extremely fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable with database querying tools, such as Excel, and Access
- Highly motivated
- Must have outstanding verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential material
- An understanding of, and great interest in, Virgin’s entrepreneurial culture
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, economics, business or a related field is preferred but not required
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...