CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
Manager – Professional Network Operations Center (ProNOC)
This position is responsible for the supervision and success of a customer facing repair organization. This position will manage a customer facing work group and will require daily interaction with external and internal customers as well as with external carrier (LEC, ILEC, and CLEC), and associated management in support of the Centurylink Pro NOC.
CenturyLink Professional Network Operations Center (Pro NOC) – Surveillance, maintenance, provisioning, repair, and change management for customer owned networks (on and off NewCo’s network). The Pro Noc is an area of high growth potential within the NOC organization as a whole. This organization includes many different types of transport optical equipment so our engineers and technicians must be well versed on numerous vendors’ technologies to include the services that are delivered over the optical equipment.
This is a full service NOC which performs provisioning, network monitoring and management, change management, and repair functions. The organization is staffed in an entirely proactive manner utilizing various tools. Our teams aggressively go after alarms as they arise so that we can affect repair before the customer knows that there is an issue. Engagement with these customers typically revolves around new circuit activations and change management activities.
Major Functions Include:
· Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) repair management which is a formal program to engage major off network carriers, Verizon, AT&T, and NewCo relative to repair performance, objectives, and gap closure plans
· Escalation support, 24X7X365, to facilitate repair. Must be able to interface with various internal and external agencies and know the proper process.
· Maintain a technical understanding of all supported services.
· Maintain customer and account team relationships
· Meet with customers to explain outages and actions being undertaken by NewCo to better the experience and relationships
· Interaction with internal product and technology management organizations
· Wholesale customer support and interaction
· Undergraduate degree in management or equivalent work experience with 5-7 years of experience in a supervisory role in the telecommunications field
· Ability to successfully manage multiple demands on time and in a positive fashion
· Possess a strong working knowledge of the basic and advanced telephony and the telecom industry, particularly trouble shooting and maintenance practices
· Excellent problem solving skills, strong leadership ability and interpersonal skills
· Awareness of sense of urgency approach and associated ability to appropriately demonstrate in a daily application
· Ability to interface successfully in team and individual environments (i.e. teaching, coaching)
· Computer proficiency required
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 16 months ago